Saturday, July 16, 2011

School clothes shopping and going back home...

We finally had to go get the kids furniture....it HAD to be done.(They've been sleeping on mattresses in the floor for almost 3 months now...I know..shame on us..and shame on uhaul for never having trucks..thats a different story.)  I was expecting to be swept away with emotion as we took apart their beds and moved them out fo the house we've spent ..basically, the past 6 years in.  No....not a tear....not even really sad about it.  It felt right leaving home...never thought it would..but it does!  I like our house here...I like being close to the school....I like the neighborhood kids....I like having a mall, small as it is, close by.  It's convenient.  And, as terrible as it sounds...I like being away from my family.  Now, before you gasp...hear me out.  When we lived close to our family...we saw them all the time.  There was no quality time...just time spent.  Now when we visit....every minute counts...every minute is spent well.  And when we leave, I get to come home..to the privacy of us.  No one is going to come and knock on my door if I avoid answering the phone here...they just assume i'm busy, which I usually am (or napping..lol).  No one is going to hold it against me if I miss a party or a get together, cause i'm too far away to make it.  It's nice....it's like my husband and I are FINALLY starting our life together...ALONE....for the first time.
      Now that we're back in our new town. The next few weeks are bound to be crazy.....cheer camp...school shopping....and a wedding i'm really excited to attend.  School shopping...lol....I took my husband with me for the first round of school clothes shopping.  I thought I was going to have to pick him up out of the floor of Childrens Place.  Poor guy.....he's never had to be around when the paying part comes around.  When we lived in hazard, I did all our shopping online...so I paid online.  He never had to see it..never had to deal.  He had no clue shopping for just 2 of our kids could be "SO expensive" as he put it.  The sad thing is, I felt I did very well as far as the spending was concerned.  They both got jeans...shoes..backpacks..and an assortment of basics and ..well...clothes.  I have to shop for fall clothes for our youngest at the end of August..i'm thinking I may leave him at home for that....poor guy....I dont know if he can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment